Using Anger as a Tool for Emotional Liberation

Dear Dorothy: You talk about how the environment reflects our stuff---the issues that we may have repressed and stuffed away in a closet.  So for example, I may have chosen not to express anger, and so it has gotten repressed and is in my energetic baggage. I have tons of repressed anger, I think that's why am experiencing physical challenges.

Dorothy:   I can sympathize with the tendency to resist expressing anger. I did this most of my life until it caused a miscarriage. Frustrating situations were compounding. I was so afraid of hurting other people's feelings that I kept working harder to accommodate everyone. My liver got too hot. I was bleeding too much, and couldn't stop because of the heat. Baby died and I ended up in the hospital. It was awful. More painful than my live births. 

The baby was my teacher. She showed me that anger is sharp. It points internally to that which requires attention. The discomfort of anger draws awareness to inner locations which require the flow of love and understanding to heal. 

Many people direct attention outward when they feel angry. "She or he made me mad" or "that situation is so frustrating." Blaming an unborn child is simply not an option, right?

Baby showed me that anger is a gift which lets you see the root of a problem which would have otherwise have been hidden from view. The person or situation that seems to be causing anger is creating a stirring within which allowed the hidden anger within us to surface. Once one is aware of the heat of the anger, then one can follow that feeling to its source and locate the original damage responsible for the angry feeling.

As attention floods into this area it brings with it a host of healing energies. Healing anger from its source affects permanent life improvements.

It took me years to learn to shift from the habit of blaming others to looking within. Anger lowers the I.Q. and makes it hard to think clearly, but it doesn't have to be this way for you. As soon as awareness shifts from blame to solutions, the pain of anger vanishes. When anger is used as a tool for healing, it actually releases emotional pain.

May this information help you approach the experience of anger armed with the ability to use it to maximum advantage. May you know yourself more intimately, and lovingly let go of the cause of the anger. Each time this happens your life will be permanently improved.

Love and gratitude,
Dorothy


Comments