Dharma, Duty, and the Heart

Dear Dorothy,  I'm praying for the Divine to use me for Her purpose.  Does Divine Mother "care" WHAT I do--meaning, does She care if I an attorney or a dance teacher , etc ? Or is it that She cares only that it comes from love, and that I'm happy doing it?

In Gratitude

Dorothy:  My perception is that Mother Divine wants to experience and express through you regardless of the particular activity at hand. Even if you are a lawyer six hours a day, She wants to be integrated with your activities the rest of the day too. Therefore, what ever you choose will be perfect.

On the topic of Dharma, (one's life duty) you will know that you are doing what you are meant to do when it benefits yourself as well as others, supports spiritual growth, you have the skills and resources to do it easily, you get more energy from that activity than you spend. When you think about doing a particular job, how does it make you feel? Is the idea exciting? Does it meet your particular requirements for physical, mental, and emotional comfort? If the feeling in your heart is light, happy, and enthusiastic about a particular occupation, then it is most likely the direction to pursue. 

Another way to test an action is to take a step in the direction of your idea. If the step goes easily and the environment around you seems to rise up to support, this indicates that another step is in order. If you try and try and it just doesn't work, then this is an indication that you would be better off moving in another direction. 

I hope this helps. I realize that I am not telling you directly which path to choose. However, you have the internal resources to approach your situation with wisdom. These principles apply to all life decisions, not just selecting an occupation, so, you can always use them to get clear answers on any question.

Love and gratitude,
Dorothy

Dear Dorothy, 

I have a question---regarding Vedic charts. I wanted to find out what your feeling is about them.  I've had my chart done several times, and my feeling is that they are very accurate, but also fatalistic.   Whenever I have my chart done, I find it a little depressing ---in that I feel stuck in areas---but now I'm trying to view it as a blueprint but that it doesn't take Grace into consideration.
In other words, if Love is truly the commodity of the Universe, when I am finally at a place of inner strength and clarity and can move forward into what I love, then it would be supported by the Divine---even if my chart indicates areas that I don't feel much natural inclination toward.   My feeling is that Grace and Divine Consciousness can move these tendencies.  Do you feel that's valid or just wishful thinking?


I've also been trying to "work" with the templates (that is, contemplate them in meditation, try to play with different fun templates, like dancing).  I don't know what I'm doing at all, but I'm having fun with these concepts.

The push and pull between the forces of Duty vs. the Heart---This is a very particular personal inner struggle--- in the process of communing deeper with Divine Consciousness, because of the heart's very nature and being the "home" of presence and because of the path and evolution of consciousness, eventually will the inner reaches of the Heart come to the surface? In other words, if Duty is originating more from the mind, does the Heart necessarily triumph-- because the heart knows that Divine Consciousness will eventually pervade everything once attention is brought to it?

I was thinking that actions from the heart would automatically be Dharmic, without having to ask one's self, "is this Dharmic?" 

I hope this makes sense.  I don't know if I'm expressing this correctly.

In Gratitude

Dorothy:  Regarding Jyotish charts, I think you nailed it. The position of the planets is ever relative. Consciousness can transcend anything. That is what yagyas are for, after all. Through energy work, we can participate in yagya anytime. Consciousness is truly a field of all possibilities.

On that note, I am delighted to hear that you are playing with templates. You will notice that each one has a slightly different feel to it. As you incorporate it into the resonation of your Being, you change it and it changes you. All for the sake of evolution. There are no mistakes, just many variations. I am so excited to see what you come up with! Wonderful stuff no doubt. 

Regarding Dharma: Absolutely, when action is performed from the level of Divine Being then it automatically takes into consideration every possible outcome, it is aligned with cosmic evolution and aligns your evolutionary flow with cosmic evolution. The heart intelligence is deeper than the intellect. The deeper the organizing power, the more it reflects Totality. Dharma in its finest form is not so much a construct of the relative or small individuality, but an expression of Divine will. 

There is so much complexity in Jyotish, it is possible that the indications from the chart are modified in a way which the Jyotishees did not catch. You may already be harnessing the greatest strengths indicated in the chart as your field of occupation, but applying these strengths to other areas which bring you greatest joy. One must live one's passion, otherwise life is flat and non evolutionary. 

Sending so much love,
Dorothy

Comments