Popular posts from this blog
Using Anger as a Tool for Emotional Liberation
Dear Dorothy : You talk about how the environment reflects our stuff---the issues that we may have repressed and stuffed away in a closet. So for example, I may have chosen not to express anger, and so it has gotten repressed and is in my energetic baggage. I have tons of repressed anger, I think that's why am experiencing physical challenges. Dorothy: I can sympathize with the tendency to resist expressing anger. I did this most of my life until it caused a miscarriage. Frustrating situations were compounding. I was so afraid of hurting other people's feelings that I kept working harder to accommodate everyone. My liver got too hot. I was bleeding too much, and couldn't stop because of the heat. Baby died and I ended up in the hospital. It was awful. More painful than my live births. The baby was my teacher. She showed me that anger is sharp. It points internally to that which requires attention. The discomfort of anger draws awareness to inner lo...
Self-Definition and Self-Love
Dear Dorothy: I have a relationship with a spiritual mentor and friend who is very dear to my heart, which has been causing me a lot of emotional distress for quite some time. This has to do with my attachment to her and my sensitivity to how she sees me. I am wanting to learn how to give love and connection to someone I treasure without wanting it back in equal measure. Dorothy: Regarding your friend and mentor, I wanted to say that this situation sounds very similar to several situations that I had experienced in the past. I finally followed them back to my relationship with Mother and then to my relationship with God. In this process, I became empowered to trust only myself to define who I am. Never, never to define myself through the eyes of anyone else, ever. This was deeply liberating. Also, not identify myself with any of the roles which I play in life: mother, wife, teacher, student, etc, etc. These are only hats worn by Divine intelligence. Ultimately, Divi...
Comments
Post a Comment